Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just Hold On A Sec

The hardest part about finding a job ... is waiting for them to call.

If you are like me, which you probably aren't, your mind takes situations and runs in all kinds of directions. So when I am in an already mentally stressful(applying for a job), personally stressful (don't have a job) and environmentally stressful (why would I leave Florida?) situation my brain has a field day of ideas!

I have already lived out the next 5 years of my life in my mind according to each and every possible outcome of my job search, but the stressful part is that each one of these futures is pending a call back! Even though each future is different, and I honestly prefer some to others, the point is I HAVE A FUTURE.

It has always bothered me how complicated we have made life. Back in the day, the only thing people had to worry about was what they were going to eat, where they were going to sleep and what were they going to wear.

Thanks to some tremendously giving people in my life, I will always have those three things. Yet, by today's standards, that is not even close to being enough to be considered successful. And being successful is the only thing anyone ever wants, right?

The point is that though the search is tough now, and may even be driving you to the point of insanity, it will all work out in the end. I don't know how many people have told me that this experience is "building character." Honestly, I am not in need of anymore of that.

So I like to think of it analogical terms...

The best views are from the highest mountains that require the hardest climbing. Even Miley says, "It's the climb."

So just hold on a little bit longer... you're on belay!

n/a

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Dude, you and me are in the same ship. liked the post today.