Wednesday, August 6, 2008

College is Coming

So it’s my last week in the working world until next year, and I can’t wait for it to end.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the everyday grind. But I seriously can’t wait to get back up to school.

This year is going to be the best year yet, I think. I have finally gotten the exposure I need to truly appreciate where my life is at right now. I went to move my brother out of his dorm back in May, and the campus at his school was…well, depressing.

I counted how many girls were even somewhat attractive. I was there for almost 24 hours…I saw 4.

There truly is no place else like Central. And a lot of people disagree. Some people hate it, they think it’s a bad school, they think Mt. Pleasant is a crappy town, and they would rather go to State or U of M. To those people, let me ask you this…why aren’t you going somewhere else?

If you aren’t happy with where you’re at, why are you here? Seriously. Because you are just bringing me down with you.

I even get annoyed when people wear clothes with other school’s logos on it. I mean, that seems completely disrespectful to me. It might be because I’ve spent the first 3years of my college career dedicating my life to supporting the sports teams here, but I really think that you should take some of that money that you’re spending on booze and go to the bookstore and by a CMU hoodie. And get rid of that blue and yellow rag.

I’m going to have lots of time on my hands this semester, and it’s a good thing, too. I seriously have to study for at least ONE semester the entire way through. I usually do well with keeping up on the reading up until, I don’t know, week 2. So this year will be different.

I WILL MAKE IT TO WEEK 3!

I guess the thing I’m most excited about is having my baby brother up there with me. I’ve never been in the same school as him, so it will definitely be something to remember. He’s quite the pimp, so I’ll need to warn my friends. But this is finally a good opportunity for me to be a good older brother…and tote him around like a trophy.

Chicks dig that kinda stuff.

Anyway, I have to finish summer stuff first. I have to write paper after paper for this internship. But only 2 more to go! Hooray!

n/a

No comments: