Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Working Out

Sometimes you need motivation. Sometimes you need intervention. For me, I just need more time.

I don't know what it is about being up here at school that makes me think that day after day of fast food won't get to me. I wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say, "You know, fourth meal isn't that great for me."

I think I am like a lot of people. Something gets to me one day and I say, "I'm going to the gym everyday from now on." Or something like that. So yeah, we go for a few days, and as soon as we see the slightest bit of difference in our bodies, we go, "See, I'm all better...let's order pizza."

So what is going to change those kind of habits? I remember watching an infomercial when I was 12 that said, "In order to truly be healthy, you can't just 'go on a diet,' you have to make a commitment to make a lifestyle change." Even to this day, I cannot argue with that point.

However...IT IS REALLY HARD. If anyone has been out with me before, you know that I have the ability to knock out a couple handfulls of sodas(which is why I refuse to drink alcohol, because...things would happen). And, back in my prime, I could pretty much eat anything you put in front of me: an entire large pizza, a bowl of mashed potatoes, triple cheeseburgers...yikes.

Now, thankfully, just typing that makes me nauseated. But I haven't ironed out my stomach yet. There are still things I have to overcome to be truly comfortable with my eating habits. But that is the last point I want to make.

There was a point this summer where I felt I was the healthiest I have ever been. I had been playing basketball a couple times a week, cut back on pop, and sweating my life away at football practices. Yet, when I got on the scale, I was still around my average weight. So believe me when I say: weight is just a number.

As long as you are comfortable and feel good with yourself, that is all that matters. That is, after all, the whole point of going on diets, exercising, and stuff like that. To make yourself feel better.

Now to make myself feel better, I'm going outside to brown my pale skin.

n/a

No comments: