Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whoa

So, I guess I underestimated how many people were still following this. All I did was link it on Twitter, but for some reason the people that are talking to me about my last post don't even know what Twitter is...

So I guess I should explain myself and the situation from the previous post.

Now everyone knows that I live a pretty conservative life. I don't take a lot of risks, or give in to "social norms" or anything like that. But for some reason, I was interviewing a girl for a blog...and something clicked.

I didn't know what to do, really...nothing's ever really clicked before. It was just refreshing to meet someone, completely random really, that was able to "get me" right off the bat...and enjoy it.

That's probably what got me in trouble: my excitement that I finally found someone that liked me for me. I don't have to fake anything, I don't have to try really hard to make her smile, I don't have to struggle to think of something to say. Everything is easy.

Now because I've never run into that before, my instinct is to...well...make her my girlfriend, duh. And that, of course, is where it all hits the fan and makes me a bad person.

For the record, I do not advocate any level of cheating: emotional or physical. It's not fair to anyone involved and is just an overall crappy thing to do. And that's to say that that's what happened in this situation.

I made a really good friend, whom I like a lot. And, like any good friendship, she likes me too. But, since I'm a stupid boy, I sort of ruined it by suggesting another level. And now I'm at a point of no return.

I put my neck on the block, and now it's up to her to drop the axe or save my life.

Do I feel bad? Yes and no.

I don't feel bad for meeting this girl and falling for her, because those are feelings that no one has control over, and shouldn't be apologized for.

I do feel HORRIBLE for this other guy. I'm sure his feelings for her are as significant, or they wouldn't be together. And I really showed no respect for him by talking to this girl in my mindset. That's shady and completely out of character for me.

So really, I'm just sorry: apologetically and in the lame sense too. I tried to hotwire this guy's Porsche and the only experience I have is from the movies.

We'll see how this goes...and how many cops will become involved.

n/a

No comments: