Sunday, June 29, 2008

Basketball

So...it's been a while. Since my last post, and since I last laced up the Nikes and ran for my life.

I can tell you that I'm not in high school anymore. But if anyone saw me in high school, they wouldn't say that that is a bad thing. I'm bigger...not by a lot, but I'm definitely pulling more weight across the floor. Anyway, what does this have to do with anything?

Well, when I played in high school, I was so overwhelmed by everything that was going on that I couldn't do anything but freak out. But now after playing for a few years, I'm starting to see everything a lot better. So when I played today with the same people that I played with in high school, I saw things a lot better. It really does move in slow motion.

So I was wondering if this applies to other things in life. When we are faced with something and aren't comfortable with it, we tend to freak out and not see the "whole court." It's take time and experience to be able to relax and have good court vision.

But sometimes experience isn't always necessary. I've never had this problem, but there are people that get super stressed at the smallest things. They are freaking out so much that they are making the task more complicated for themselves.

So, when I become a boss...which I will. Everyone needs to chill. There's no way you can do a good job at anything if you are wiggin out. Just relax, take a breath, and open your eyes.

Like Lebron here.



n/a

No comments: