Saturday, June 21, 2008

Get Smart...Good Stuff

I thought I would take a stab at a movie review, so don’t be upset if it isn’t like any other review you’ve ever read.

“Get Smart,” starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, and Dwayne Johnson was actually surprisingly amusing. I am a HUGE fan of “The Office,” so I’m pretty on-point with the style of humor that Carell brings to seemingly every role he has ever had. I was expecting some Mr. Bean moments, or a couple of Leslie Nielson bits, and though there were some, I think Carell has created his own breed of ‘awkward secret agent.’

Hathaway was an interesting choice, and I have to admit I am curious to find out if she was the first pick for that role. There were moments where I would have preferred a Jessica Alba, or even Jessica Biel…but then again, who wouldn’t prefer those two?
The Rock…I’m sorry…”Dwayne Johnson” finally picked a good role after some interesting choices in kids’ movies and, of course, there was the attempt at Doom. I liked his character to a certain point, and once you see it, you’ll know what that point is, but it’s not the one that’s getting all of the attention…

If I can spoil anything, I think it will be one of the love scenes. Word on the street is that Steve Carell is a good kisser. So good, in fact, that his colleagues beg writers to include some sort of physical encounter with him. (Remember when he made things right with Oscar?)
All in all, it was a good movie. I watched it with my friend, Jason, who has one of those laughs that adds to any film, yet annoys practically everyone around him. There were 3 old ladies in front of us and some younger people behind us, so it didn’t take long to get the feeling that they were a bit distracted…

My next movie will be Kung Fu Panda. I’ve been trying to go see it at the theater in town, but I just can’t get the times right. Hope you enjoyed. Feel free to post your comments on the movie as well.

n/a

No comments: