Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Diet

That's right. My name is Adkins and I have my own diet.
It's pretty successful, actually. 100% of people who have tried it have had success.
And it's so simple, you can do it too.

I lost 40 pounds over 4 weeks last summer. I saw this video and decided I needed to so something.




So listen up.
It's called "caloric intake."

First, go here and figure out what your daily caloric intake should be. It will give you the surviving amount, the weight loss amount, and the extreme weight loss amount.

Guess which one I go with.

My "extreme weight loss" number, just to give you an example, is around 1500 calories. So, I aim for 1000, knowing that I can cheat if I have to.

Second, choose what you want to do. For me, it was giving up pop (a 20 oz is generally 280 calories) and riding my bike to work. I play tennis and basketball about three to four times a week as well. So there are a lot of activities that burn calories in addition to my diet.

Next: prepare to suffer. Usually the third day is the worst, which is where I think I cheated big time. BUT, I felt guilty and ran like 3 miles that night. Just know that you can always trade out exercise for calories.

Now I'm not suggesting you starve yourself. Drink LOTS of water, and eat something small every four hours. This will definitely curb your appetite. If you are doing extra exercise, your metabolism will become more high maintenance anyway, so find your favorite low cal snack to munch on. Fruits and veggies are usually the best.

You've probably heard this before, but in order to be successful, you can't treat this like a "diet," but a "lifestyle change." A diet is a temporary change in your food intake to achieve a goal, then stop. If you make it a lifestyle change and learn to appreciate the results, and how easy it is to maintain yourself, you will be better off in the initial stages and after you've lost your weight.

Hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me.

n/a


Disclaimer: I am in no way a medical professional. I am speaking from personal experience about a lifestyle change that was extremely successful for me. Everyone's body has different needs, and I do not guarantee any results like mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm doing. I've lost 20lbs so far this summer by eliminating fast food and pop from my diet, and doing some form of exercise (running, walking, jogging, swimming) every day. My goal is to lose 35lbs by the middle of September. I don't even miss fast food or pop.