Thursday, July 17, 2008

What time is it?



Oh my God I’m gonna play football.

I’ve been a band kid my whole life. Though I’ve always really enjoyed watching football, I never really thought I would be capable of putting pads on and hitting someone. But now I get to see what I’m made of.


I have two younger brothers that both played for the high school in town. They did quite well, actually…both of them all-conference, both offered to play in college. So when this high school announced that they were having an alumni football game, of course my two brothers were going to play.



I’ve always been the good older brother that went out to play catch whenever they wanted to, and be sort of a punching bag for them…all for the good of the team. So when I joked around and asked if I could play too, I was surprised to hear my brother say, “Yeah, sure.”

Crap. What have I gotten myself into?

So Tuesday was the first “practice.” It was just a 7 on 7 drill with the high school team. No pads or anything. But for some reason I was still kind of scared. I didn’t want to be “that guy.” Luckily when I was on defense, a guy came straight at me with the ball and slipped on the grass. Of course, I pushed him in the chest when he came at me, so it looked like I knocked him off of his feet…I felt better after that.

All I’m thinking about is how sweet of a picture it would make having me at quarterback with my two brothers in the backfield.

I’m extremely proud of my little brothers and have always been jealous of their success. So it would definitely mean a lot to me to be a part of something that they take seriously, and are very good at.

I just hope I don’t break anything.

n/a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck! :)