Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nananana, Nananana, Hey Hey, Snoop Dogg

Wait. Neely’s moving? That’s weird. He usually doesn’t do that.

HA!

So it’s that time again. I get to find all of my things and pack them up into a box or two and throw it into the trunk of my car. It’s kind of depressing, really. I don’t really own anything of value. It’s not that bad, though, considering I can fit everything I own into the back seat of my Grand Am. I would make a good nomad. (Which I kind of consider myself anyway)

I’m 21. I’ve lived in 13 different houses across 6 states. I attended 3 high schools before sophomore year. Yet I only have 757 Facebook friends. Lame.

It’s funny talking to people that have lived in the same place their entire life. When they hear my story, they always say that they are jealous. “I wish I could live in as many places as you.” Really? I would think about that for a second.

The longest time I spent in one place was 8 years in Florida. Every other time I’ve been uprooted within less than 2 years of being in one spot. It’s definitely harder than you think to leave what you’ve made somewhere and start over.

So if you’ve ever wanted some insight on my personality, lemme shed some light. Since I hate being alone, I had to develop a personality that got people’s attention right away. I wanted to leave my first day of school (which I’ve counted as having 19) with at least one new friend. That’s where I developed this need to make people happy, if even at my own expense.

But this does come full circle. Sure, I can make friends and stuff, and I can do a decent job at giving them what they want. But when it comes to finding a girlfriend…that’s when it gets tricky. Instead of having my energy spread around to all my friends, it’s all funneled to one person.

So yeah, if you’re saying, “You know, Neely and I used to be tight back in the day, but ever since he went to school, I haven’t heard from the kid.” I’m sorry. I have finally figured out what I told myself I needed to learn a year ago: I can’t dedicate every ounce of energy to making someone happy, and not get anything reciprocated. I lost the desire to go out of my way for someone, because there was really no point. I was tired.

But I’m back! If there’s anything good about moving, it’s that it IS a fresh start.

Papa’s got a brand new bag…and it’s packed with all my clothes.

n/a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no point to going out of your way for someone? sad...